Tuesday, September 23, 2008

too early for work?!

This morning I woke up to my alarm at 0600 (security/military time), which is 6:00 am for those who didn't but 3 and 3 together. I went about my normal routine: ask myself why I am up before the sun, think about how nice it would be to sleep in, roll out of bed, undershirt, uniform top, pants, socks, boots, glance in the mirror make sure everything is where it should be, and drive to work. It's pretty nice because I rarely hit traffic in the mornings because I am going the opposite way of traffic (away from the cities). I arrived at Bethel at 6:50, and gave the officer I am replacing a call. He responded, "Oh, I thought Eric was working."

And those were the last words I wanted to hear. I then proceeded to head back home, 'enjoying' the rarity of rush hour traffic this time around (gag). realizing that at 2:20 I will be driving this same route all over again because I work 2nd shift today instead of 1st. :-) fun.

I did get to help my roommate and his dad pull our garage back together though! You see, our garage is kind of falling in on itself. Whoever built it didn't exactly build it correctly so the roof is causing the walls to bow outward (not good). So the guys and I, with proper safety gear of course (motorcycle helmets and safety glasses, but not shirts. Sorry no picture.) proceeded to lift the roof up off the walls and pull the walls inward so they didn't bow as much. So yeah...apparently that helps. I will give you an update about how successful this was in a bit.

much love.

No comments: